GELLI PLATE PRINTMAKING: EXPERIMENTATION AND CREATIVE CONFIDENCE
Gel plate printing is an exciting form of printmaking, using an amazing gel plate. You will surprise yourself by creating superbly unique and striking prints that are unlike anything else you’ve seen before. (I won’t mention how addictive it will become!)
As you experiment with different colors, textures, and techniques, you will discover a side to your creativity that you never knew existed. Printmaking can be incredibly energizing and inspiring due to its ease and instant results, helping you to feel more confident in your artistic abilities and encouraging you to try new things.
Take a minute to see the gel printmaking process in action
WHO IS GEL PRINTMAKING FOR?
- Individuals or groups seeking a chance to experiment with new ideas and build creative confidence.
- Both beginners and experienced creatives.
- Those who want to discover the freedom of printmaking and the opportunity to make creative mistakes (happy accidents).
- Those who wish to experience a fun space where you can get your hands messy and walk away with a bunch of new artworks.
- Creatives who would like to learn how printmaking can be a super easy and engaging way to make art for the home or friends and family gifts.
WHY GEL PRINTMAKING?
- It’s so versatile! Artists can experiment with various techniques to make unique and diverse prints.
- You get immediate results. This immediacy is especially rewarding and inspiring (and addictive!), encouraging you to keep exploring and experimenting.
- The outcomes are unique and unpredictable. This is always both exciting and liberating for artists. The element of surprise can lead to innovative and spontaneous artworks!
- It’s easy! No need for an expensive printing press. Gel plates are affordable and reusable, making them accessible to artists of all skill levels.
WHAT DO I DO WITH MY PRINTS WHEN THEY’RE FINISHED?
- Frame them and display them as wall art in your home or office.
- Cut them up and use as collage material.
- Take a picture and use it as a wallpaper for your computer or phone.
- Create greeting cards or gift tags for loved ones.